Dear Achim:
we'll never find the definition of Time  in a philosophical way.
Our mind has invented every concept in the world, therefore concepts cannot
be definitely explained by means of other concepts ! We can go further:
nothing exists without our mind, because things are nothing but mental
concepts !!
Like in Mathematics "evident" concepts such as straight line, point, number,
and so on,
can be defined only with the set of accepted axioms relating each other, or
like in Physics every concept is exactly defined by means of the associated
measuring procedures , also
the concept of Time is impossible to be defined "directly" .... What Time is
?
Time IS the set of measuring procedures we have agreed to measure it !...
What that "it" means ???
Uhm , Uhm ....Oh, my God ......!!!

Alberto Nicelli
Italy (45* 28' N ; 7* 52' E)