"Paul Murphy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> > September 11-24 , 1752

> Unfortunately, Warren, even this depends where you were at that time! Had
> you been in a place where the Gregorian Calendar had been accepted in 1582,
> quite a lot might have happened. On the other hand had you been in Russia,
> you would have to wait until 1917 to find the lost days!!

I wonder something every time I hear about idiot savants who can tell
the day of the week of any calendar date.  Do they ever make the
switch from the Julian to the Gregorian calendar?  If so, when?  I
suspect the psychologists examining them don't know enough about the
calendar to realize there is an issue.  It's like claiming they can
recognize any prime number instantly without asking, say, if the
product of two particular ten digits primes is prime.

Art Carlson