On 5/14/98 Fer de Vries mentioned he had written an article on a type of ring
 dials.  Are there any other articles on universal ring dials, perhaps in past
 issues of the BSS Bulletin?  I'm interested in the history though perhaps more
 so in the math and geometry.  Also, has anyone done business with
 Villalcor,S.L. Camino de Madrid, S/Nº 28607 El Alamo (Madrid)? They feature a
 number of great looking portable dials on their Spanish language web site
 which is a subset of http://www.goma2.com. I never got a response from my e-
 mail to them. I'm hoping that someone may know some details on them.

Thanks,
Gerard Hughes