I was wondering if there was a convention about the sign of the equation
of time. Waugh describes 'dial fast' and 'dial slow' but doesn't have a
sign. His graph looks negative in February. I want to make a graph that
is positive in February and negative in November and I want to label it as
such so that users can simple look up the value to apply to LAT to get
LMT.

So I have two questions... Is it OK to call the equation of time a
negative number and 2. Am I confused? Actually I already know the answer
to that one but I mean do I have it right about the sign as described
above.

Thank you,
John