I tried the electric astrolabe and I decided to use it in a course
dedicated to people that teach Astronomy in middle and high italian
schools. I would like to thank James E. Morrison, Janus.

Some years ago I wrote a similar program in alto-azimutal coordinates. A
window coloured version is under construction. If you want you can
download the old B&W version at this addrress:

   http://www.unisi.it/ateneo/dipart/fisica/luciana/software.htm

There are two packages: Astronomia 1    Astronomia 2  try both of them!!

A presentation of the new version is at:

     http://www.arcetri.astro.it/CDAs/software/planetario.html

Pay attention:  until now, both version are in italian, sorry.

               Piero Ranfagni