Hi All,

Regarding finding latitude and longitude of locations:

A fascinating site is http://www.terraserver.microsoft.com/
a site that uses two satellite image databases, one by the
US and another that is a private company, to bring you down
to a photo resolution that is amazing.  I can not only see
my house, but that there is a car in my driveway!  Some
locations may not have quite that accuracy, and I have
no idea what countries it encompasses--I'm in the US.

Click on the link labeled "Find a Spot on the Earth" and
enter a starting city or geographical coordinates, and then
start moving the map image and zooming in as far as you can
go.  For my image, it says 1 sq. meter per pixel, but my car
certainly seems larger than 2x2 pixels.  My house is
about .5in x .5in. in size on my monitor.  Clicking on
"Image Info" provides latitude and longitude to
about 5-6 digits of each corner of the map.  Since you
actually see your house in the photo, you can do even better
in finding your coordinates.  This is also where you can
find the map resolution.

Oh, and don't be discouraged if it says it doesn't have a
map for the exact geographical coordinates you give--it said
that for me, but I then started with my city and worked all
the way down to where my house is.

(If you follow the link about Privacy, it says the site maps
are OK because you can't make out a person at even the highest
resolution--hmmm...)

Ron Doerfler