* Some years ago I purchased a Solaris Sundial, a clever small
     plastic spherical one floating in water which can be adjusted for
     the site latitude, and can be corrected for magnetic variation,
     since it has a magnet built into it.  The dial is made in France,
     apparently, and the little instruction manual, which I still have,
     lists Sculptures-Jeux, Paris, copyright 1990.  A few years ago the
     dial slipped away and I have not found it since.  Does anyone have
     any price and ordering information for this dial?  I'd like to
     replace it.  Thanks for your help.  The brochure says the sundial
     was created by Bernard Vuarnesson, and  a short history of sundials
     is provided, written by Gerard Oudenot.

Dr. Ross McCluney, Principal Research Scientist
Florida Solar Energy Center, 1679 Clearlake Rd.
Cocoa, FL  32922-5703
Voice: 407-638-1414      Fax: 407-638-1439
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]     WEB SITES:
FSEC: http://www.fsec.ucf.edu
SunPath Designs: http://www.sunpath-designs.com
Introduction to Radiometry and Photometry:
http://www.artech-house.com