Friends in Dialling,

                   As promised, at 18.30 BST today, 2nd October 1998,
Miss Stella Moss, aged two years and twenty days, in the presence of
independent witness Mr. George Carrick of 39, Windsor Gardens,
Bedlington, Northumberland, England, NE22 5SY drew a folded paper slip
bearing the number *13* from a bowl containing numbers allocated to each
of the entrants to the Sundial Motto Festival.  A JPEG of the event will
be available when I've used up the film! soo don't hold your breath :-)

I'm delighted to announce that number 13 corresponds to:

              Tad Dunne, [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Congratulations Tad!  Please send me your full postal address and the
miniature equatorial dial will be sent to you as soon as possible.  Could
you please indicate if you would prefer a polished hardwood 'windowsill'
display base or a circular brass baseplate for mounting outdoors.

So what was Tad's entry?

To find out you'll have to contact Mac Oglesby and ask for a complete
listing of the entries by email.  Mac sorted out the original sequential
listing into a tidy format and has very kindly offered to distribute this
on request.

Once again, and finally, my many thanks to everyone who helped to make
this into a stimulating and, again I hope, useful exercise.

I think the List has heard quite enough from me for some time to come.

Yours in dialling

tony moss (tiptoes quietly away)