I don't think the Bernoulli effect can explain an attraction in this
geometry. I would look more at the friction from the water moving in the
powerful eddy the jet sets up in the bucket. If this is correct, then a
stick held in the center of the bucket near the hose should also be pulled
in, and one held near the edge, where the water is rising will be pushed
out. The force pushing the stick up should be somewhat smaller than that
pulling it down because the friction with the wall and the greater area
available will cause the upwelling to be slower than the downdraft. If the
shape and size are similar, the stick should be pulled in with more force
than the hose, because the centrifugal force of the water in the curved
hose, which pushes it up, should still be there, cancelling some of the
force of the circulating water on the hose. I would be surprised if the hose
is actually pulled in, as opposed to be pushed out more weakly. Which way
does it move when you let go of it?

--Art Carlson