12/16
I have been trying, on and off, for the past year to create a really nifty
algorithm to easily achieve perfect alignment of a sundial with the earth's
axis, just by comparing 3 time readings of a slighly misaligned dial with
your watch.  I have never seen this done elsewhere.  I won't bother you all
with details, except that I am fairly well stymied by one component of the
construction.  Originally it was a problem in shperical trig, but I have
simplified it to planar trig, with the hope that I can then translate the
solution back to spherical trig.  The attached .gif will present the
problem, for any takers out there!  If any one wants the problem in it's
original spherical format, let me know.

Bill Gottesman
Burlington, VT

Attachment converted: Macintosh HD:trig prob.gif (GIFf/JVWR) (0000A2BE)