John Carmichael wrote:

> Instead of seeing several sunsets in a row, wouldn't the pilot see just one
> long slow continuous sunset instead?
>
> John Carmichael

What my intuition tells me is that this depends on two factors:
a) how fast (and continuously) you move forward; how much
you move up and down.

As I see it, if you keep jumping up, each time higher and higher,
coming down to same spot just to jump up again a little higher
you would see several sunsets. You could do that for about
six hours, I would guess.

On the other hand, if you are riding a chopper that stands still
for a while after the sun sets, than you can watch a new sunset
if you move up or forward or both. This is not just a prolonged
sunset.

Those are things I guess.

- fernando

--
Fernando Cabral                         Padrao iX Sistemas Abertos
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]              http://www.pix.com.br