[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>      Contrary to what you hear, Christmas wasn't meant to be the birth of
> christ, rather if you look at the obvious etymology of the word, it is the
> mass of Christ.

This is not to go against what you say in your illuminating message. Just
an additional information: in Portuguese, as well as in Spanish (just to
name two languages) "Christmas" does mean the birth of christ: Natal and
Natividad (from Latin natalis/natus - born).  Even in English I think
the word nativity is sometimes used.

Sometimes what one language does not reveal others do.

As I said, this only diminishes the importance the word
christmas in  your argumentation but does not affect the
rest of what you said.

- fernando

--
Fernando Cabral                         Padrao iX Sistemas Abertos
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]              http://www.pix.com.br