Dear Fernando,
I also try to give you some suggestion for your sundial that contemporarily
" has to be vertical" to be seen comfortably and " has to be horizontal" to
have the possibility to work during the whole year .

For me a type of sundial that can satisfy both conditions is a reflection
sundial with a tilted - almost horizontal -  small mirror (always
enlightened from the sun) and with the lines drawn on a vertical plane
.
The project is not difficult enough and, if you succeed in understand the
Italian language, I can send a program - written by me - to make the
calculation (or I can make them for you)
The program has several possibilities included that to look for the
approximate orientation of the mirror, a program to help to fix the mirror
with the wanted angles and one for the search of the same angles after
having fixed it.

I've tried to calculate a sundial with Solar Local Time with the Latitude of
Brasilia with a vertical plane (wall)  facing South and a mirror tilted of
35 degrees.
I attach an image of the result.
The mirror is distant 100 from the plane and the rectangle is 600 x 500
(it's an example)
If you want the wall facing North the mirror has to be tilted 15 d. (in the
opposite direction)

Best wishes    Gianni

Ing. Gianni Ferrari
Via Valdrighi, 135
41100 - MODENA  ( ITALY )
EMail :  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://members.tripod.com/meridiane/index.htm

Attachment converted: MAC Hard Disk:Brasilia.JPG (JPEG/JVWR) (000196D3)