> Dear Friends,
>
> The North American Sundial Society is pleased to announce its new domain
> and Home Page on the World Wide Web.

[...]

> The URL is:
>
> http://sundials.org
>

> Best regards,
>
> Bob Terwilliger

I was struck by the lighted flat map of the world on the page,
http://www.spiritweb.org/cgi/sunclock.cgi?width=300&height=150&usemap&frame.
it's a URL I can send to friends so they can see that (instead of
having to get them to compile one of the programs I have that will
accomplish the same).

So I started creeping along the URL to see whether there was anything
else of interest, and I found a calendar with moon phases

http://www.spiritweb.org/cgi/mooncalendar.cgi

Unfortunately, the phase display has little correspondence with the
actual appearance of the moon at its various phases (they are more
like eclipses if the earth's shadow were approximately the same size
as the moon).

These astrologers really crack me up.  Their charts are off by a month
because of precession, and the moon they display here has little
relation to the actual moon.

Jim
===
If astrology worked, all astrologers would be rich.