http://www.foxnews.com/js_index.sml?content=/etcetera/wires/0622/e_rt_0622_2.sml

World's Largest Sundial - But No Sun
Reuters 8:36 a.m. ET (1237 GMT) June 22, 1999
PARIS - France inaugurated the world's largest sundial Monday, using
an ancient Egyptian obelisk as the pin and Paris's famed Place de la
Concorde as the dial.

The trouble was that the relentless traffic made it hard to follow the
time lines, the same traffic made Paris Mayor Jean Tiberi 45 minutes
late for the unveiling ceremony - and the sun did not shine.

[...]

http://www.foxnews.com/js_index.sml?content=/etcetera/wires/0621/e_rt_0621_10.sml

Summer Solstice Clash At Stonehenge
Reuters 9:10 a.m. ET (1406 GMT) June 21, 1999

LONDON - New Age travelers invaded Stonehenge Monday, spoiling Summer
Solstice celebrations before British riot police moved in to clear the
ancient stone circle and arrested 22 people.

Under cover of darkness, hundreds of travelers stormed through the
fence surrounding the prehistoric monument and police in riot gear,
backed by dogs and horses, responded by evicting some 1,000 people
from the site.

"They literally trampled down the fence and ran into the stones,
jumping over them, sitting on top, hurling all sorts of objects at
police,'' said a spokeswoman for Wiltshire police in southwest
England.

"They were throwing all kinds of things and we believe there has been
some damage to the stones themselves,'' she said.

There is a history of violent clashes between police and New Age
travelers, whose alternative lifestyle often leads to mass
congregations at summer festivals, ecological protests and
anti-authority demonstrations.

[...]

Jim
| Jim Cobb          | 540 Arapeen Dr. #100 | [EMAIL PROTECTED]      |
| Parametric        | Salt Lake City, UT   |     (801)-588-4632 |
|  Technology Corp. |           84108-1202 | Fax (801)-588-4650 |
Have more than thou showest,
Speak less than thou knowest.
        -- Shakespeare