Thanks to all who responded to my fotocopier comments.  I was sure that some
of you had noticed this problem as well.

There are fotocopiers that make large sizes up to 24" X 36" and cost about
2.00 $ per copy.  It can get pretty expensive playing around with the
machine trying to get the right size.  To solve this problem I always use
the same machine, and knowing its scale distortion percentage, I can
calculate the correct copy size.

Common blueprint copies do not seem to have the scale distortion problem.
The blueprint (also called a blueline) is made from a velum or mylar
original.  Blueprint copies have other advantages as well: Very large copies
(42" wide by any length) are possible. Velum and mylar are great to work
with.  They serve as tracing paper because they are transparent. And they
cost about a quarter of what a fotocopy costs per unit area.

John Carmichael
http://www.azstarnet.com/~pappas

p.s. Maybe fotocopiers have built-in scale distortion to thwart counterfeiters?