Last night, I was looking at the moon.  It was noticibly larger than the
night before.  This was easy to judge, as it was very close to Jupiter and
Saturn which help as size references.  These planets look to be about 10
degrees apart.  So looking at the moon again tonight, it will be easy to
tell about how far the moon moved east in 24 hours.  Sorry, don't  know the
exact declination, except that since the moon is so very close to Jupiter
and Saturn, it must be almost on the ecliptic.

John Carmichael

\>When planning your solstice celebrations, the lunar perigee will be an