Hello Clem,

        I'm hopeful this thread will acquire some momentum and in that spirit I
am sending you a message Paul Murphy sent to the list awhile back. I
spent several week biking through Ireland and enjoyed it immensely, it
was great! In addition to the title Paul mentions below, I could also
recommend the following: "Astronomy Before the Telescope: A
Comprehensive and Authoritative Study of World Astronomy Before 1609,"
edited by Christopher Walker (St. Martin's Press, $40). Both titles are
heavy towards the cataloging of horizon markers (solar as well as
lunar). If you enjoy archaeoastronomy and its early instruments, you'll
enjoy both titles.

Regards,

Luke