Hello Warren,

        I believe the feature is termed "rubber-banding" and yes I believe
AutoCAD can rubber-band objects that are "grouped" together. MiniCAD (my
latest CAD venture) also has this feature. I recently downloaded a demo
copy of DeltaCAD per Tom McHugh's suggestion and was very impressed with
the functionality for the price, I'm not sure if it supports
rubber-banding though. Hope this helps, please let me know what you find
out.

Regards,

Luke Coletti

Warren Thom wrote:

> Hi,  I  have a question about Autocad.  Is it possible to place a
> "variable" point or points in a drawing that will have other points,
> lines, circles and angles "depend" on the location of the variable
> point?  That is, the variable point can be "dragged" to a different
> place and have other parts of the drawing shift accordingly.  For
> example,  you have a circle with points A,B and C on the radius, with A
> being variable.  You print triangle ABC, shift A to different place on
> the circle and print the new triangle ABC.  OR  you have have a copy of
> triangle ABC called DEF in another part of the drawing .  If you change
> angle CAB  then the corresponding angle in triangle DEF is moved the
> same amount.
>
> I am not one to spend a lot on software (an agreement with the wife),
> and AutoCAD is expensive.  But this could be a very powerful feature in
> a CAD program for dialist.  Knowledge on the subject is appreciated.
> BTW-- The graphing program Graphica comes close to having that power,
> but through programming steps.  WinGeom does it, but is has limited
> printing and file features.
>
> Thanks  --Warren (Lat 41.649  Long 88.096 -- the front yard,  Long=
> 88.095 is the back yard)
  • AutoCAD Warren Thom
    • Re: AutoCAD Luke Coletti