On Mon 25 Oct 1999 (01:26:05), [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I delurk to ask advice/recommendations.  In a few weeks, I will find
> myself in Hawaii for several days, on both the "Big Island" and Kauai.
>
> Are there any special sundial sites anyone knows of, or other
> distinctive Sun related stuff...for example, archeological sun
> calendars?  Any special techniques used?  I could return with photos.

You could try viewing the 'Human Sundial' (large ground-level analemmatic)
located in the grounds of "Punahou School", 1601 Punahou Street, Honolulu.

I think the installation of it was actually done by a few of the students.

For further details, or if you need permission to view - send an e-mail to
Mr John Proud (Chairman of Science Department), at < [EMAIL PROTECTED] >.

If you visit there, a photograph for our files should be much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Douglas Hunt.

--
"MODERN SUNCLOCKS" - 'Human Sundials', using YOUR OWN SHADOW to tell time.

Looking for a useful self-funding Millennium-marker ? - you've found one !
For details, see Web-site at http://www.argonet.co.uk/education/sunclocks/

Mail Address: 1 Love Street, Kilwinning, Ayrshire, Scotland, KA13 7LQ, UK.
Tel & Fax (UK): 01294-552250.   International Tel & Fax: + 44 1294 552250.
E-mails to: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" or "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"