John Pickard contributed

>Slawek,
>
>I am impressed at your command of languages. But do you speak
>Australian?
>
>A few years ago while tripping around Yucatan in Mexico, an expensive
>jeep pulled up next to me and a very well-dressed wman enquired in an
>American accent:
>
>"Pardon me, do you speak English?"
>"No, but I speak Australian."
>"Pardon me?"
>
>She missed it entirely! I had been waiting years to be able to use
>that one.

The Australian lady stood holding a copy of the author's new book at a
public signing.
"Emma Chizzet" she said
and he duly wrote "to Emma with Best Wishes" on the flyleaf
"No. No.. I mean how - much - is - it?" :-)

Back on topic - a friend is researching the possibility of having crystal
spheres produced by a UK glass company so a repro' Campbell-Stokes may be
on offer 'ere long.

Tony Moss