Hello Gianni,

Thank you for your clarification of the matter of the
bead-and-hole shadow caster.  Your plottings of
the light distributions should help to convince some
disbelievers as to the physical mechanism of the
formation of the shadows.

At the time of posting this note, I also will forward a
copy of a message I sent on May 6, of 1999, re this
topic.  Perhaps you will notice the "volcano" analogy
for the 3-dimensional light distribution and compare
it mentally to the imagined solids described by
revolution of your light antensity profiles about their
vertical axes of symmetry?

Sciagraphically,
Bill Maddux