Frank Evans and the rest of us in the UK shouldn't be too critical of those
who haven't yet gone metric - after all, the sale of "loose goods" in metric
weights only became legal in 01/01/2000 here!
AND - we still are one of the few who drive on the left, so that our sword
arm will be available to fight unfriendly knights

Which reminds me....

I heard that the Irish were considering changing over to drive from the left
to the right, but, so that people could get used to the idea gradually, were
going to introduce it on a phased basis over about a week.

Bicycles on Monday
Cars on Tuesday
Vans on Wednesday
Lorries (Trucks) on Thursday