Clem Padin wrote:

> I'll be traveling to Vancouver in a couple of weeks.  Any interesting
> sundials to visit?
>
> thanks,
> Clem

Clem, I presume you are talking about Vancouver, B.C.   I was there
several summers ago and "found" a sundial quite by accident on the
beach. Its been awhile I am going from memory. I haven't seen this dial
in the NASS directory so maybe you can get a good description if you
find it. It is on the Boardwalk on the main bay on the west side of the
city. I forget what the bay is called but It is where they have the
fireworks contest in the summer.  The dial is cylindrical equatorial
dial made of bronze with a compensating gnomon. If I had a map of
Vancouver I could probably locate it within a half mile. Maybe someone
else has noticed this dial and can give you some more info.
If you are talking about Vancouver, WA I can't help you.

Bob  33N 116W  San Diego