Looking closely at the photo, I saw some interesting details:

Below the water-filled 'gnomon', there is a semicylinderical, angled
"wall", apparently to catch the index spot. (About 2 radii from the center
of the cylinder)

  Why is there a gap in the wall, about noon (1300 Summer Time)?

Above the gnomon, there appears to be a small pyramidal point, that would
cast a shadow inside the bright spot, at local noon?

Does the gnomon cylinder look tilted to anyone else? (Not perpendicular to
the dial plate)

Very interesting design!

Dave