At 09:06 27/06/2000 +1000, John D Hall wrote:
>Hi Tony

<<<<<<<<<<<S N I P>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>For many years architects have been trained to use a stereo sunpath diagram
>which is essentially the Oughtred dial reversed. Alas most architects then
>fail to make use of the sun - you can take a horse to water but you cannot
>make it drink ;-)

How true.

The worst offenders, however are Bank architects/building services designers
who take no note of the sun when installing ATM's. As a result the ATM
screens are unreadable at certain times of the day/year.

On a recent visit to Malta I noticed little parasolles above the ATM's -
very cute!

Regards