Dear friends,

I would like to introduce two very beautiful new books by Giovanni
Paltrinieri to you:

The first one, just edited last week, is a magnificent Calendar-book. In our
list very often calendar-questions were discussed during the past year. Even
you don't speak Italian (like me) you will find a lot of interesting and
useful details. The book is carefully illustrated; 329 pages.
Giovanni Paltrinieri:
Calendario Lunario,
la misura del tempo dalla preistoria a oggi.
Gruppo CALDERINI edacricole, Novembre 2000
ISBN-88-8219-375-6. L.49.000

The book also contains a fine extra-tool "Il perpetuo moto del Sole e della
Luna" . The titles of the ten chapters are:
1. La misura del Tempo. 2. Le porzioni del giorno. 3. Artefici e instrumenti
del tempo. 4. Il computo del Tempo. 5. Le categorie del Tempo. 6. I cicli. 7.
Vari tipi di Calendario. 8. La Luna e i suoi influssi. 9. Il Calendario dei
Santi. 10. Il Calendario dei proverbi.
Everybody who is interested in calendar questions should not miss to buy this
beautiful book!

The other book was recently published and was presented during the last
meeting of the Italian sundial society in San Benedetto:

Gian Domenico Cassini,
LA MERIDIANA DEL TEMPIO DI S. PETRONIO IN BOLOGNA
Premessa di Giordano Berti, Introduzione e trascrizione di Giovanni
Paltrinieri.
Arnaldo Forni Editore, 2000
The very beautiful book is carefully edited and includes two maps of the
Meridian Eustachio Zanotti and Gian Domenico Cassini. A must for everybody
who loves these giant old sundials!

Cordiali saluti
Reinhold Kriegler

Reinhold R. Kriegler