Sorry, but I have not been able to visualize this.
No matter how I look into it, I can't seen how it will
generate a perpendicular line. I see the pegs and cable
as follows:

                           +
                           +

Where do I pull the rope taut? I'd imagine where the crosses are
(+) but I can't see how it will work.

Can someone help this guy who can't use the right side of his
brain?

- fernando

--
Fernando Cabral                         Padrao iX Sistemas Abertos
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]              http://www.pix.com.br