Steve,

Here are a few dates.  I had begun collecting similar information for a
project of my own along the same idea.

May 27th  The day of Saint Hildebert.  In the 17th century, the Parisian
guild of cadraniers (sundial makers) regularly met on this date in Holy
Cross (Ste. Croix) parish.

May 27th  Bede was declared venerable by the church in 836 and was canonised
in 1899. His feast day is May 27 - the day that he died.

May 30th  On this date in 727, St. Hubert of Liège died.  He is the patron
saint of mathematicians and makers of precision instruments.  His feast day
is November 3rd.

Aug 8th  Feast Day of Saint Dominic de Guzman, patron saint of astronomers
and astronomy and founder of the Dominican Order.

Nov 3rd  Feast Day of St. Hubert of Liège, patron saint of mathematicians
and makers of precision instruments.  Also celebrated on May 30, the date of
his death in 727.

Dec 1st   Feast Day of Saint Eligius, patron saint of watch and clock
makers.

Frederick W. Sawyer III   -    Sciatherics
    'Tis nothing but a Magic Shadow-show,
    Play'd in a box whose Candle is the Sun.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]     [EMAIL PROTECTED]