Message text written by Robert Terwilliger

>I wonder how the group feels about opening the forum to allow members to
post messages offering items or services for sale, or want lists of
things they might wish to purchase.<

If I take my own interests as a guide  here I DO think that there will be
many who would like to know of opportunities for purchase of various items.
 The trouble is that I see the market as a bit like Amazon Auctions. The
membership of this list is not uniformly interested in ALL things connected
with dialling.  Thus Gordon Uber is right when he says that he wouldn't
like to see too many advertisements.  I suspect that all of us would find
an intermingled list of messages and opportunities for sale very
irritating.

After some thought I think my suggestion to Daniel would be to have a
separate page (or even a separate list) that allows such sales to be
advertised.  That way anyone interested can explore the offers and others
can enjoy the List without feeling irritated that in downloading today's
messages they have somehow wasted their time and money.  Maybe the 'normal'
 list could contain a short header to remind people of the 'For Sale' list?

Patrick