<x-rich>
Well spotted!

My guess would be horizontal, southern hemisphere.

If vertical south-facing the Roman numerals would be upside down seen from
below.

John Lynes

This touches on a question that I have pondered a bit. Perhaps the sundial group can help with the
answer. My dial, a globe represention of the earth, when made for a location in the southern hemishpere,
has the south pole of the globe pointed towards the south pole. The north pole is below the horizon.

The numbers on the analemmas would progress from morning to night along the two tropic lines.

My question is: what should the orientation of the numbers be. Is up for those in the southern hemisphere
still towards the north pole? This may simply be a matter of taste, but perhaps there is a tradition in
southern hemisphere dials about the orientation.

Thanks for comment.

Daniel Wenger Daniel Lee Wenger
Santa Cruz, CA
[EMAIL PROTECTED]