>On the Chech coin of 20 Crowns is a picture of an astrolabe.
>Is this a copy of an existing one or is it a design made only for the coin?

        I was in Brno, Czech Republic last year and got one of these in
my change.  I went back again later for a vacation and asked at our
hotel to see if they had any because I would have liked a few extra.
The receptionist was very obliging, opening 2, 3 or more bags of 20
Korunna coins and in over 100 coins she only found one more.  (She had
not even noticed them before). These were issued for the Millennium.  I
have a picture of one if you need it.
        I asked on the RETE network if anyone else had seen one and I
got a couple of replies.  It seems that the coin depicts a typical early
astrolabe, (possibly one in a Prague museum, but as it has no star
pointers, it is just a simple depiction of such a device.  Even so, it
is a cheap astrolabe that anyone can own - if they can find one.

        Good hunting!
        Regards,
        Mike Cowham.
        <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>