Hi Piers,

I like the Noon and EoT Calculator and to my opinion to calculate sundials
it is accurate enough.

I myself prefer a calculation of the EoT for a year in the middle of a
leap-year's period and not an average table. With these values I would
calcualte my EoT graphs on a sundial.
For example 2002 or 2050.

To find the correct North South line however I need a table for the year I
am in.

So to me the best would be the user can choose the year he wants.
The year it realy is and a year for the calculations of the dial.

The last one I would choose some 10 or 20 or 50 years ahaed.
In that period the dial will give ( theoretical ) better readings from year
to year.
And another 10 or 20 or 50 years the accuracy hardly will decrease.
And I can't enjoy my sundial for so many years I think......

A rather quick running method to calculate such a tabel is the method I use
in my program equadecl.
It calculates a formula for just one year and that formula is used 365 or
366 times for the table.
The accuracy of the EoT is within 5 seconds of time.

Also incorporate the change in the date at different longitudes.
At Greenwich 00:00 it  is 1 may, but at longitude 90 degrees East is is
already 1.25 may.
So the relation between the date and the EoT isn't constant all over the
world.
( I didn't program this in equadecl; in that program only the values for
noon at Greenwich are calculated )

Best wishes, Fer.

Fer J. de Vries
[EMAIL PROTECTED]