The NASS Conference in Montreal (Sept. 14-16, with registration get-together on the evening of the 13th) is shaping up to be an event you won't want to miss.  The Saturday bus tour promises to be exceptional.   The tour will go through Montreal, Laval, Longueuil and Boucherville and will highlight an amazing 19 sundials (1 armillary, 3 equatorials, 9 horizontals, 5 verticals and 1 polyhedral).  At the Planetarium of Montreal we will view an exhibit of an additional 24 sundials from the Stewart Museum.  We will have lunch at the Restaurant Hélène de Champlain on St. Helen Island, with a view of Mount Royal.

We will have many interesting exhibits, announcement of the recipient of the second Sawyer Dialing Award, and a great schedule of talks, including:

Roger Bailey, The History and Use of Armillary Spheres
André Bouchard, La Commission des Cadrans solaires du Québec
André Bouchard, The Fine Collection of Sundials at the Stewart Museum of Montréal
Robert Felix, SUNMASTER 2002 - a portable solar timer and navigator for the northern and southern hemispheres
Nancy Frankel, Keene State College Sundial Commission
Bill Gottesman, My Mathematical Expedition to the North Pole
Bob Kellogg, A New Generation of Digital Sundial
Tom Kreyche, Projections of the Sphere for the Planispheric Astrolabe and Double Horizontal Dial
Fred Sawyer, The Foster Point Dial - Time In A Perfect Round
Fred Sawyer, A New Universal Altitude Sundial
John Schilke, Oh, East is East and West is West….A Note On The Prime Vertical
Sara Schechner, Savvy Travelers

Registration material will be sent out with the June issue of The Compendium.  If you do not receive The Compendium but would like to attend, please contact Fred Sawyer at [EMAIL PROTECTED] for details on cost, location, etc.