Title: Re: Sundial Trick Photography
To see an example of what this technique can do, look at the NASS Registry fotos of the Flandrau Heliochronometer, dial # 464, Tucson Arizona. The first foto I took from a ladder. The 2ond foto below it is the exact same foto artificially corrected to compensate for the perspective distortion. The difference is amazing!

Yep. I didn't realize this was of interest to the list, else I'da posted a sample of my own; in this case, a mosaic from the now destroyed Old St. Peter's in Rome, too high up on a wall, but...

<http://www.ukans.edu/history/index/europe/ancient_rome/E/Gazetteer/Places/Europe/Italy/Lazio/Roma/Rome/churches/S.Maria_in_Cosmedin/interior/Vatican_mosaic.html>

which I've modified this morning to show both photos.

The result is imperfect, but is still a definite improvement. (Yes, the URI is correct; if you get a garble, it's your e-mail reader. Go to my Rome page, then to churches, then to S. M. in Cosmedin.)

--

Bill Thayer
LacusCurtius