Peter Mayer wrote:

>         In parts of Australia it is claimed that daylight savings tends to
> bleach curtains (all that extra UV?) and confuses dairy cows!

I have no comment on the bleached drapes but re those poor dairy cows,
yes, they are confused by daylight savings. Why? Because farmers milk
them an hour earlier. My brother is setting up King Island Long Life
Milk and is dreading the complaints from thousands of dairy cows whose
milk supply is already fluctuating as a response to the altered hours of
milking :-)

This is a true story.

Re Fernando's comment about how DST plays havoc with health, I do know
that having to rise that hour earlier in the dark and spend a longer
time in chill air each morning was a very different start to staying in
bed and rising when it was warmer. I guess more sensitive systems than
mine could react badly.

But those curtains....???  Hmmmm....

Maria Brandl
Tasmania