If the mirror is sufficiently small, the reflected spot will appear to be a
circle, but
it will actually be elliptic for low solar elevations. The hour and declination
lines
will indeed be mirror images of those on a hemispherium.
BSS members who attended the meeting in Cirencester will recall Mark
Lennox-Boyd's
description and model of a sundial very much like this, with a mirror and a
curved
ceiling, that he was building in Italy. Does anyone know if it has been built
yet?

Regards
Chris Lusby Taylor
51.4N 1.3W.