Dear Anselmo,

> We all know that we need just two points to draw a stright line (like the
> solar time ones), five points to draw an hyperbola (like the datelines)
> but...

Theoretically speaking, the hyperbola is a second-degree curve.
Therefore three points should completely define its shape.

>     Which is the minimum number of points (ie., of dates) we need to draw
>     an analemma (in a flat dial) within a
> worst-case precision of, say, 1 minute of time?

The equation-of-time curve is (in good approximation, that is, within
one minute) the sum of two sine waves, with frequencies of 1/year
and 2/year. Knowing that, two parameters are necessary to
describe each sine wave; for instance, amplitude and phase angle.
So, four points should define the EoT curve.

You didn't ask a recipe to actually construct the EoT curve for an
arbitrary case, did you?

Regards,
Frans
Frans W. Maes