Anselmo

The sundial on the Place de la Concorde in Paris is a classical horizontal sundial with the "Obelisque" as a vertical gnomon. Lines are now more or less erased due a lack of maintenance. There was a scheme with a short explanation in the june 1999 issue of "L'Astronomie". I can scan it and send it to you or to any member of the list; just send me a mail.

Regards

Jean-Paul Cornec
(...)
   Now that I remember, a kind of touristical question: in this month's issue of the spanish version of Scientific American there is an article
by D. Savoie about sundials an in it he says that in the Place de la Concorde in Paris it was drawn a sundial (an Oughtred sundial
I suppose) based on the obelisk erected there. Does anybody know if the lines are still drawn or were they erased?