Jean Meeus's "Astronomical Algorithms" gives five abbreviated coefficients for terms up to sin 5M. He references "Annales de l'Observatoire de Paris," Vol. I, pages 202-204, and only says that it is derived from a series expansion.

The abbreviated coefficients are
2e - (e^3}/4 + (5/96)e^5
(5/4)e^2 - (11/24)e^4
(13/12)e^3 - (43/64)e^5
(103/96)e^4
(1097/960)e^5

I hope that the more-complete coefficients will give you additional insight. Good luck with your derivation.

Gordon