Warren,

You can purchase the Camus book on Parisian sundials (using a credit card so
there's no problem with currency conversion) at:

 http://www.amazon.fr/exec/obidos/ASIN/2271055334/171-4533181-4501850

 It's an absolute must if you are going to Paris.  I've spent two weekends
in Paris with that book in hand and have managed to see about 40 of the over
100 dials it details.  Paris is divided into arrondissements (neighborhoods)
and the book presents everything sorted according to arrondissement.

 The dials people have pointed out are well worth seeing.  A few things to
note:  The dial at  the Palais de Justice can be seen from the bateau mouche
ride down the Seine.  The Dali dial is easily missed if you don't know that
it's made of concrete and is well above street level - people walk under it
all day without realizing it's there.  The church of St. Sulpice has a
superb meridian line inside.  The lycee Louis-le-grand is a must see - with
8 dials on the wall, and right across the street in the courtyard of the
Sorbonne is a huge dial by Jean Picard - one of the great names in French
dialing.  The book will show you what is near what - for example, the Forum
des Halles garden (which has a fiber optic sundial) is only a couple hundred
feet from a church with a large dial on it.

 Let me know how things develop - will you be able to take some slides?  And
would you be interested in doing a slide presentation at the Tucson
conference?  We still have room on the schedule for a few more talks.

 Fred