Hi dialists!

Wouldn't it be better using these extra-cheap binoculars instead of a pin-holed card as a shadow-sharpener? I got one of them for free when I bought a book (no kidding!) and they cast a sharp image of the Sun when focused on a white piece of paper (you can make a cardboard shield to improve the contrast). The image is better than that of a pinhole (maybe it's an artifact, but I think you can even see the specks on the Sun's surface) and the only drawback is that I'm not sure if the lenses introduce some distortion into the true position of the Sun.
Any help on this?

Cheers,

Anselmo