Jim Tallman wrote:

>I am taking some documentary photographs of a new sundial concept and I
>need a little help.
>
>I recall reading several postings in the past that referred to using a
>point light source to simulate the sun.

Hi Jim,

It may have been my reference to my 3D model of the Frank Cousins'
concept diagram (circulated recently as JPEGs)

The 'point source' I used was one of those mini desk lamps with a low
voltage halogen bulb.  The filament is tiny and the light output large.
It would work best without a reflector which will increase the  source
diameter but for my lecture the lamp in its standard mode was
sufficiently convincing - and easier.

Best Wishes

Tony Moss