Hi Doug

I infered wrongly. I assumed that you must have had a complaint about a
single DLS timescale since you have this policy. I apologize. The photograph
of the Lousiana school analemmatic is so small that it is impossible for me
to read the date line. I can imagine how it could function correctly if your
date line were actually two different date lines superimposed on each other.
One date line would have the dates of Standard Time and the other (the
shorter one) would have the dates of Daylight Savings Time.  Is this how
your sundials are drawn? Would it be possible to see a sample drawing
clearly showing the date line and both timescales?

> difficulty', it is not our policy to provide single-ring analemmatic plans
> to any countries which use Daylight-Saving Time - as doing so could have a
> significant detrimental effect on our business reputation, so we only sell
> plans for one-ring dials to places which remain on Standard time all year.

 Sorry for the mixup, I'm just trying to understand how your sundials work.

(Frans, what's your URL so I can see what Doug is talking about?)

John

John L. Carmichael Jr.
Sundial Sculptures
925 E. Foothills Dr.