From my homepage http://webland.lion.cc/vorarlberg/280000/sonne.htm you can download "analemm.zip". It is the spreadsheet containing Rogers SeasonalMarkers. And there is also included a short explanation of these markers and information about the exactness
Helmut Sonderegger

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, October 26, 2002 4:48 PM
Subject: Bailey Point Functions

Hi Heiner:

> Thanks for speedy reply.
> Do you have jpeg of the image?
> Saw the Bailey Points on your website
> and understand the principle of it.
> But how do you actually read times for sunrise and sunset?
> Is it the time on the Time Ribbon?
> Who is this Mr. Bailey? That is incredible.
> Do you have more info on the math of it?

Here is the drawing of Roger Bailey's Seasonal Markers and how they function.  Roger is a Canadian member of NASS and is hosting the NASS conference next year in Banff.  He specializes in analemmatic sundials.  Contact him for a mathematical explanation of his Bailey Points. ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

Since some people don't know how the Bailey Points are used to tell the times of sunrises & sunsets, here is a drawing that explains them.  If you stretch a string from a date on the dateline out beyond the Time Ribbon so that it passes through the East Bailey Point (Seasonal Marker), it will tell you the time of sunset on that date. In this drawing, as an example, the purple line shows the time of sunset on Nov. 1.  A similar line through the West Bailey Point will give you the time of sunrise on that date.  Real simple!

[EMAIL PROTECTED]