Hi David:

I agree with Tony that injection through a hole could cause a hydraulic
effect that could actually widen the gap.  Also, these glues and silicones
are so viscous that they probably wouldn't fill the entire gap.

Bonding agents work best when thin coats are applied to both surfaces and
when pressure is applied until the agent dries.

I know this sounds radical, but I think your best bet would be to carefully
make a clean cut or break into the uplifted stone sheet so that it could be
removed from the stone. Then it should be fairly easy to coat with adhesive
the bottom of the sheet and the top of the stone for rejoining.  I'd press
the sheet down onto the stone with even pressure using a flat board so the
sheet doesn't crack and let it dry.  I'd use 50 year silicon from a glue
gun.

John

John L. Carmichael Jr.
Sundial Sculptures