<PRE>I often include Aries and Libra symbols on dials I make. I'm sure it is, or used to be, common practice. David Brown 2.05W 52.75N
-

Dear fellow dialists,

I've also seen these zodiacal signs in many sundials to mark the spaces between date-lines. I do not like this practice because it raises up that (otherwise harmless) superstition of astrology, but it is still
there in many dials.

Ah, and being more accurate, the Sun goes through *twelve* signs in a year (from EclipticalLongitude = 0h-2h to 22h-24h) but through *thirteen* constellations: the twelve zodiacal appropriately shifted and Ophiuchus
(The Snake Hunter). Just look it up in a Sky Atlas!

Best regards,

Anselmo Perez Serrada