To All interested in glass sundials and the refraction problem.

Some one year ago I answered to Mike Shaw with a procedure to calculate a
double glass sundial.
This message I forward to the mailing list again.

Playing with the factors for the pin-gnomon and the thickness of the glass
panes
shows the effect of the refraction.
It depends strongly on the thickness of glass in the total thickness.

If you have Deltacad I can send a macro which calculates these double glass
dials and shows the pattern on screen.
Hourlines and datelines for a zodiacal calendar are shown as well as the
horizon line.

The pattern is drawn in two layers, a non-refracted sundial and a refracted
sundial.
Switch between the two layers to see them separate.

You need to change the values for the glass and the gnomon in the macro
yourself.

Send an e-mail if you want the macro to mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Best wishes, Fer.

Fer J. de Vries

De Zonnewijzerkring
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]