From: Anselmo PĂ©rez Serrada [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 19 March 2003 17:43
To: sundial@rrz.uni-koeln.de
Subject: On Meridian dials

Dear dialists,

As you all know, a Meridian Dial is a sundial with only one hour line:
that of noon,
which coincides with the meridian or N-S line if we measure local time.
In Europe you can find them in some temples, the most outstanding ones
being these:

Date      Height         Temple                   City
=================================
1437       50 m     Holy Sophie               Istanbul
1468       90 m     S. Maria del Fiore      Firenze
1653       27 m     S. Petronio                 Bologna
1743       26 m     S. Sulpice                   Paris
1786       24 m     Duomo                       Milano

By 'Height' I mean the height of the (pinhole) nodus from the ground in
meters.

Now my question is: does anybody know about some other remarkable
meridian lines,
maybe in other continents, maybe modern ones, or showing mean time, etc...?

Best regards,

Anselmo