Ian Maddocks wrote, in his interesting description of the Manchester
exhibition, that the proposed Cornbrook device was a sundial based on an
'entropy surface'. One non-mathematical definition of entropy is 'a measure
of disorder'. It would appear that the originator has chosen a most apt
statement about his design!
It would also appear that several others also have the same derivation.

Tony Ashmore.